K

LAPL (A) to PPL (A)

[RSS Feed]
JohnnyS
Profile   | Send e-mail  |

March 31, 2016 09:23:39

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to an EASA PPL.

I've done a hour of radio nav instruction, about to do my QXC and will obviously book a test in the near future.

My question is, does the 10+ hours of dual that I've done in the past 18 months which was specific to a taildragger sign off, count as the ‘10 hour training package’ with my ATO? Is there a time limit within which this training package itself must be completed, or before which having completed 10 hours no longer counts as part of the package to upgrade?

J.

Ali
Profile  | Send e-mail  |

#2 May 15, 2016 01:38:30

Hi, this is what rules say :

If you hold a LAPL (A) and are applying for a PPL (A) you must complete the following:

At least 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the LAPL (A), of which at least 10 hours should be flight instruction at an ATO.
This flight instruction must include 4 hours of supervised solo flight, of which at least 2 hours must be solo cross country, with at least 1 cross country flight of 270km (150NM) or more, plus full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the departure aerodrome.

So:
1. The flight school should have a training program to upgrade lapl to ppl and you have to complete specific training, not any training like class or type rating.
2. You must have completed 4h training of supervised flights what is not in taildragger program I guess.
3. In your case, as you completed taildragger training, I would say nothing change. You have to complete 10h of training under certain program. Maybe some hours may be counted, but I don't think that they will be. Just ask in your ATO.